And just like that, we’re into autumn. That can only mean one thing, it’s time for Dreamforce. This year Dreamforce is taking place from the 20th to the 22nd of September. This year Dreamforce will have a small amount of in-person attendees and be available Live & on demand again. This is great for anyone who wants to attend but cannot make their way to San Francisco.
With speakers from Anjali Sud to Matthew McConaughey to Earvin “Magic” Johnson, there’s something for everyone. Below we are sharing some tips for anyone attending, whether it be virtual or in-person.
Tips for Attending Dreamforce 2022
- Look through the timetable and bookmark the sessions you’re interested in watching.
- Link up or block off time in your calendar so people know you’re busy during this time!
- Get in touch with people that you might want to watch some sessions with beforehand and make a plan!
- Have your pen & paper ready, make sure you take notes!
- Check out Salesforce+ and get familiar with it
Attending In person
- Bring comfy shoes!
- Plan out your schedule and allow for time to get between locations
- Check out the area on google maps beforehand if you’re unfamiliar with it. You can mark locations, restaurants, and more beforehand so you’re not scrambling for something on the spot.
- Bring a good size bag for carrying stuff around, you will get a Dreamforce bag tho!
- Try to pack light every day, you’d be surprised how much stuff you will pick up and you don't want to be walking around with a bag that's weighing you down.
- Bring a pen and paper - you never know when your devices might be low on battery!
- RSVP for any parties you want to attend. Salesforce ben has a great list of all the DF22 parties here.
- Talk to people. Networking is one of the biggest reasons to attend Dreamforce!
We asked some people from our team what they were looking forward to. Here’s what they had to say:
“It's great to attend Dreamforce in person again after a few years. It will be great to meet some of our extended Salesforce Merkle team while we're over there. I'm specifically looking forward to all the different industries' keynotes as there are lots of new interesting features and functionalities added to those products. It will be very interesting to see the different use cases and see how Salesforce is being utilised in different companies.”
- Or Weissler, CTO
A few sessions I saw listed that looked interesting
-10 Ways to Replace Meetings Using Slack
-3 Really Useful Patterns for Apex Developers Building LWCs
-7 Tips for Creating Lightning Web Components for Emails
- Aidan Stritch, Salesforce Developer
“Love when it’s Dreamforce time. It’s great that Dreamforce will be a mix of in-person and digital this year so we can all watch the sessions live/on demand. Some sessions I’m looking forward to are, How Salesforce Takes Marketing Campaigns Global and Behind 11.11: The World’s Largest Online Shopping Festival.”
- Elizabeth Keenan, Marketing
Well, that’s it, we look forward to seeing you be it in person or online next week!